Estate Planning Costs
We don’t believe in surprises, and therefore, we use a flat pricing model for most estate planning cases. During your initial estate planning consultation, your attorney will learn more about your goals for estate planning, and will design a plan that fits your needs. If you are pleased with the plan suggestions, you may retain us at that time. Our personal and family plans generally range from Beginners Level to Executive Level depending on the complexity of your situation.
- What makes an estate plan more complex? Every family is unique and no two estate plans are the same. The complexities in the plan depend on the family. Sometimes, it’s a blended family, other times a same-sex marriage. Sometimes, we have plans with unique assets or large IRA’s. Special needs beneficiaries mean that more protection must be developed for them. Until we sit down with you and learn about your situation, it is difficult to diagnose what you need or what it will cost.
- When is payment expected? Our firm generally offers an installment plan, where half of the cost is due upon retention and half due upon closing your case. Our office offers flexible payment plans, up to 10 months with no interest.
- Home and Weekend Consultations: Home visits and weekend or evening appointments incur a non-refundable deposit that will go toward your estate planning fee if you retain our firm.
- What forms of payment do you accept? We accept personal check, Mastercard, and Visa.
- Why flat pricing? Estate planning is a process by which you and your family create a comprehensive plan for your future, whether you become disabled for the short or long-term, and for when you ultimately pass on. Estate planning done correctly is critical for families. Our firm does not want you to be afraid to ask your attorney questions for fear that the “meter is running.” Instead, our firm believes in the importance of accessibility to our clients, and one way to achieve this is by easing our clients minds regarding prices.
- So what is the range of fees? Prices vary significantly, as some estates require complex trusts and other tools for successful planning. We offer a complimentary initial consultation so that we can develop a plan for you and quote you a price up front.
Probate & Estate Administration
For probate and estate administration matters, we offer an initial 15 minute telephone consultation to determine whether our firm can offer you assistance in your case. The first meeting will be billed at a $300 flat rate. After the first meeting, probate and estate administration is quoted at a flat fee, or hourly, depending on the nature of the case.
Questions or Need Assistance?
Please do not hesitate to contact our firm at (215) 706-0200 or email us. Our goal is to bring you affordable legal services for all of your estate planning, asset protection and probate administration needs.